Yesterday I was asked what my favorite way to sweat was, and I answered hot yoga. It’s true – I never feel more fulfilled than after a hot yoga class (speaking of, I need to go buy my summer pass ASAP). It got me thinking about other ways I like to sweat and my own fitness bucket list. Do you ever think about yours?
Here’s what I have for mine thus far in my life!
1. Hold a plank for more than five minutes. Right now, this one seems attainable. Hopefully I can achieve it and then set a new plank goal!
2. Surf! I don’t know if I’d be good at this at all, and I’d probably freak out for a minute about sharks and other scary ocean creatures. I just want to try it out! I love the idea of the waves carrying you and the strength it takes to hold yourself upright.
3. Take a live yoga class from and meet Erin Motz. I think she’s the coolest lady! #badyogi
4. Run the Nike Women’s Half Marathon (either in D.C. or in San Fran). This one depends on the health of my knee. I’ve heard wonderful things about this race, and I know I could get Kellie, Kaitlyn or Cassie to run it with me.
5. Run a half-marathon for my bachelorette party. I got this idea from Julie, and I’ve been fixated on it ever since! I’ve already told my friends that they need to plan for this. Of course, this too depends on the health of my knee, and at the rate of my love life, I shouldn’t have to worry about having ample healing time. Girl ain’t tryna get married for a while 😉
6. Go on a yoga retreat. Anywhere! Somewhere beautiful and sunny, preferably.
7. Do the Empire State Building Run-Up. Yeah, this one is reaching. I hear it’s extremely difficult to get into, and I’d probably keel over on the way up, but hey? At least I tried, right? Well… will try.
8. Get Pilates certified. I truly hope I can complete this one! I loved my Pilates class last semester in a way I didn’t expect. I contemplated getting certified for Level I at a course the last weekend of school, but the cost was outrageous at the time for me.
Question of the Day:
>> What’s on your fitness bucket list?