Today you’re getting one of my favorite snacks ever from one of my favorite bloggers ever, Erin from The Almond Eater. I didn’t even tell her to make these! She reads minds, I guess. If you’re not familiar with her, I’m sure you’ll love her immediately. Erin is as goofy as I am, and I love that she lives near me! Another blend (blogger + friend) match! Take it away, gurrrrrl.
Hi guys! I’m Erin and I blog over at The Almond Eater. When Angela asked me to guest post, I paused and thought, ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I’M KIDDING, I didn’t have to think about it for one second. Ang and I both live in Pittsburgh and have recently become blogger-turned-friends, which is kinda cool. [editor’s note: um, only kinda cool, Erin?? jk.]
Chocolate Covered Almonds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao (cocoa powder will work too, but the raw cacao gives them a richer flavor)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place the almonds in a mesh strainer overtop of a bowl.
- Sift the cacao through the almonds so that they are covered but that the bowl underneath the strainer catches the leftover cacao.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Pour the melted chocolate overtop of the almonds, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the paper.
- Place in the refrigerator just long enough for the chocolate to harden onto the almonds.
Questions of the Day:
>> Have you ever made homemade chocolate covered almonds and/or nuts?
>> What’s your favorite flavor of specialty almonds?