I’m currently writing this post as I wait for some chocolate carrot beet muffins to bake. I’m not sure if they’ll turn out… but I’ll eat them anyway. If it has the word chocolate in the title, I’ll probably eat it.
1. Last night, Cassie, Erin, and I met up for dinner at Shady Grove. We love that place. Well, at least I love that place. It’s almost a little ridiculous. It got me thinking about how much I like Erin and how glad I am that I’m her
friend blend. Without blogging, I would have never known that she lived in my area, let alone was alive (lol). I’m so thankful that blogging has allowed me to meet more people with shared interests.
2. I’m currently reading The Circle by Dave Eggers. He’s one of my favorite authors (his A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius is a must-read). Anyway, The Circle is about a woman who gets a job at a company called The Circle, which is a combination of Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. – basically every online interaction you could have, they are the source. The novel takes a look at transparency both online and in corporations and the government, and it has a creepy air of cult-mentality. So far, I HIGHLY recommend reading it.
3. The World Cup starts today. I could not care less.
4. Um now my dad is making me watch the last episode of 24 with him. We used to watch it regularly. He was really excited when he found out it was coming back on. I was not as excited. This show stresses me out like nothing else. So. It’s 7 am. 24 is on. It’s going to be an… interesting day.
5. I’m going to hot yoga tonight. Maybe that’ll de-stress me. I could use some de-stressing. And stretching. Namaste.
6. Maybe I’m just conceited, but I think I am pretty funny. Sometimes I think of some really great Tweets. I can’t always post them thanks to the air of professionalism I try to present ;), but I still have some good ones IMO. Usually they’re about food. I am now going to show you those Tweets. Gotta keep things kind of spicy in between blog promo, amiright?
Update on the muffins: They smell good, not sure how they taste yet. Also, why do my muffins always go flat after I take them out of the oven!? Seriously. That’s a real question. Answer below if you have some sage wisdom.
Question of the Day:
>> See above^^
>> What is stressing you out lately?!
>> How are you going to de-stress this weekend?