1. Yesterday was the beginning of Lent. I don’t really talk about religion much on here because it’s usually not relevant to my topic, but I am Catholic. I went to mass yesterday and got my ashes for Ash Wednesday, and then I headed up to my aunt’s house. My grandma can’t get out of the house easily anymore, so I gave her some of my ashes. The whole thing made me smile. This selfie is for you, Arman:
2. I just saw on GMA that the lip balm Lupita Nyong’o dropped into Ellen’s hat at the Oscars sold out and Clarins has to rush in a new shipment. Our culture is nuts sometimes. Sorry, I really just had to tell someone that fun fact.
3. Back to Lent. Are you giving up anything for the season if you practice it? I’ve never felt fulfilled giving something up only to go right back to it. I don’t think that makes a difference in my life. This year, I’ve decided to instead practice yoga at least once per day. It will help me both spiritually and physically and act as some “me” time. Yay yoga!
4. Speaking of yoga, I went to a new yoga studio around the Pittsburgh area yesterday with my friend Kaitlyn. It was so fun! I really liked the style of the hot class. It was fast-paced and such a great workout. The studio was beautiful as well. If you ever travel to Pittsburgh, feel free to email me if you need yoga studio recommendations!
5. At my grandma’s last night, I had one of the best cupcakes I’ve ever tasted. It was from a new little bakery in my town, and there were assorted flavors in the box. I happened to choose one that was mint chocolate flavored – my favorite! It wasn’t overwhelming at all, and the center was filled with a minty, fugdey, chocolate icing. omgitwassogood.
6. I get to finally meet this girl today! I had to cancel on Erin on Sunday because the town I drive through ran out of salt. They were in a state of emergency! I got about ten minutes away from my house… thirty minutes after I left. Thankfully, we have good weather on the map for today, so there’s no stopping me 🙂
Have a wonderful Thursday!… it’s almost Friday, hang in there.
Question of the Day:
>> Describe the best cupcake you’ve ever eaten.
>> If you celebrate Lent, what are you doing for it?