It’s bloggy’s first birthday!
One year ago today, I pushed publish on my very first post on Nutty for Life. I had no clue where I would take this space, but I’m so glad I stuck with it. The past few months have been some of the most rewarding for me, as I’ve made more connections and new friends. Coming here to chat with you every day is one of my favorite outlets. So thank you! You’re fab.
It wouldn’t be a birthday without presents, of course, so I whipped up something special this special day. Creamy, vanilla-y (that’s a word, right?) and nutty as ever, Birthday Cake Nut Butter is the perfect way to celebrate. Woo hoo!
Birthday Cake Nut Butter
Makes about 2 servings
- 2 c. raw cashews
- 1 c. raw almonds
- 1/4 c. coconut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. honey
- Add nuts to a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until the mixture starts to form a ball (approx. four minutes).
- Break up ball and continue processing.
- Continue to alternate processing and scraping down sides until a smooth paste forms (in total, approx. 10 mintues).
- Add in remaining ingredients. Blend until completely smooth consistency is reached.
- Store in an airtight container.
Go ahead and lick the spatula. I totally did. Twice.
Question of the Day:
>> Have you ever had cashew butter?