What’s up, friends? I just woke up from a really restful sleep. I wanted to write my post last night before bed, but I had work in the lab from 6 to 10 pm. With the extreme cold, the temps in the buildings are really weird as of late, and it was definitely no warmer than 60 degrees (F) in there. It was so cold for a building. I wore my winter coat the entire time! When I got home, my feet were actually defrosting, I kid you not. I think the cold made me very sleepy, so right to bed it was. I didn’t even watch the American Horror Story finale!
Since it’s Thursday, it’s time once again for Thinking Out Loud. This is quickly becoming my favorite link-up because I can just be random… but for a reason.
1. I was thinking about names this week because Amanda actually wrote in a survey post how she got her name. I thought I’d share that with you about mine! My name is Angela Marie. The name Angela means “messenger of God” or “Angel.” My mom always loved the name Angela. It’s cool because her name is actually Marie Angela. Cute right? She also wanted a name that people would always use the full version of… but I don’t think she got that one quite right since basically everyone calls me Ang, and I actually prefer that!
2. Head over to Amy’s blog today to see a really cool post about raw beauty. She asked for people to send her pictures of themselves with no filter, no editing, and no makeup if you wanted. Below is the picture I sent her. In the spirit of being honest, this is in the morning not long after I woke up. I’m not wearing makeup and my hair hasn’t been brushed. Keep it real! And go give Amy’s post some love. She worked hard on it. (Also, to be clear, I’m not looking for compliments by posting this, I just wanted to support a friend.)
3. I just finished a book called Muckers yesterday for my YA Lit class. I didn’t love it, mostly because there were really drawn out descriptions of football game. The story itself pulled me in but then lost me every few chapters.
4. I’m going to show you a picture of my toes and my toe ring. It’s my favorite piece of jewelry. I haven’t taken it off for … 4 years. Is that gross? Maybe. Sorry if you don’t like feet.
5. I just looked at the temperature. It’s 0 degrees. Please tell me how I am supposed to walk to class without becoming a permanent Athens snow fixture.
6. This week I got to go to the yoga studio twice for hot yoga! I usually work during the time of the Tuesday class, so I can only go on Mondays. This week, since the university was closed Tuesday, I didn’t have to work, so to yoga I went! We did a lot of chair poses on both days. Yesterday my thighs were KILLING me. Killing. But in good way? I haven’t felt that much sensation for a while.
7. A Trader Joe’s trip is possibly in my future. I couldn’t be more excited. You know how I am about grocery shopping (okay, and if you don’t – I LOVE IT).
Questions of the Day:
>>Guy or girl, answer me this: Do you prefer the makeup or no makeup look on women? Do you yourself live by that answer? I think anyone is beautiful in their natural state. However, I love to wear mascara and lip balm every day at the very least. It makes me feel put together.
>>Have you read Muckers?
>>What’s one new thing I should buy at TJ’s?