Hey hey hey! I’ve been super tired over the past two weeks for no reason, really. Luckily, I think I’m starting to get my body back to a normal sleep/wake schedule. I’m feeling pretty rested today… except for the fact that American Horror Story gave me nightmares last night! It was a seriously gruesome episode but really a great move toward the finale.
I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons again this week for Thinking Out Loud. My plan is to tell you many more random things like the one above.
1. Yesterday in Pilates class, we were learning the “five series.” She was giving us a tip on something, I think it was to tell us to keep our feet a bit higher at the start and as we develop our cores we could drop our legs more. When she was telling us this, she said something along the lines of “you can do that when you have abs, which… I don’t see any of that here.” I was like okay, well I know I’m not Mrs. Abs of Steel but jeez! Be a little more discouraging!
2. I had a supremely “Angela” thought yesterday in my nonfiction writing class. The prompt was to think of unique way to combine media and a nonfiction work to make a multimedia experience. My mind immediately went to a voiceover of a themed work paired with a time lapse video of kale chips cooking. I actually snickered out loud at my thought in class. So typical. Super lame.
3. For Christmas, I got this sweater that says “totes amaze” on it. I kind of love it. I wore it the other day and felt totes amaze and cheesy and cool. It’s by American Eagle Outfitters.
4. My latest obsession? Coconut butter. The store-bought kind is so expensive that I’ve just been making my own. I put on top of the protein pancakes I’ve been having for breakfast! It’s so good. I haven’t put any added sugar in it either, and I still am in l.o.v.e. Googly eyes and all of that.
5. Confession: I’ve been feeling really disenchanted with the gym. I have the desire to move, I just don’t feel like going out in the cold to get there. Terrible excuse. I’ve been walking more each day, so that’s nice, and I have been doing a little bit of yoga at home nearly every day. And don’t forget the plank a days (although I sometimes do ;)). But I think this is a sign that I really want to run. We shall see!
6. On Saturday I have plans to go to my friend’s apartment and play Zumba on Wii with her. I can’t wait.
Question of the Day:
>>Coconut butter: yay or nay?
>>On a scale of one to really dumb, how dumb is my kale chip idea?
>>Tell me something that’s been on your mind!