What’s up yinz guyzzz?
That’s how we say hello in Pittsburgh.
No it’s not.
But it was what came to my mind, so I said it! And that’s a great thing because it’s time for another Thinking Out Loud post. I am linking up once again with Amanda, the lovely and talented blogger over at Running With Spoons. I may have a bit of a girl crush on her, and I bet if you head on over there, you’ll develop one, too. Heck, who am I kidding? You probably already read her. That’s just how cool she is.
1. I am taking a Young Adult Literature class this semester basically for shits and gigs because I only needed it to fulfill my credit requirements for my scholarship. The thing is, I am SO HAPPY to be in the class because, if you don’t already know, I love reading. I usually try to keep up on the YA genre, so when I saw the class was open, I knew it was going to be one of my filler classes. We get to read what look to be some really great books, and I even managed to snag the spot for presenting Divergent. Not going to lie, I chose to present on another book (we had a list of choices that weren’t all mandatory) simply because I knew it was paired with Divergent (which is mandatory). Sneaky, sneaky. We also get to read The Fault in Our Stars, which I am pumped about.
2. I got my hair dyed again! For some reason she made it a little less red this time, which I wasn’t too thrilled with, so next time I go to her I am going to make sure to stress that I want a good amount of red. I still like it though, just a bit too dark I think. Sorry, dad, Blondie isn’t coming home just yet.
3. I am also taking a Pilates class this semester. It’s a mat class, not with the reformers or whatever those machine things are. We had our first real class today, and I am hoping that she keeps us the whole time for the rest of the semester because today we were only in there for like 20 minutes. Also, apparently there is a difference between yoga mats and Pilates mats, which I didn’t realize. All of my friends in the class agree that we’re probably going to purchase the Pilates mats because our spines were hurting a bit with the thin yoga mat. With all this planking and Pilates, I will have rock hard abs by the end of the semester. Except no one will be able to see it because I eat too much peanut butter 😉
4. I FINALLY tried kabocha squash, thanks to Cassie, who is the bestest friend ever because she picked one up for me when she saw them. I cut mine into wedges and roasted it with some coconut oil and cinnamon. I have to say, I was really pleased with the squash. I had high hopes and it lived up to my expectations – sweet, and actually a little bit different of a texture than, say, acorn squash. Now, where can I get my hands on another one… ?
5. Did you ever have the problem of someone’s butt crack sticking out right in front of you during yoga? I’m not talking see through pants, I mean full-on butt crack. I had that issue the other night. It was… interesting.
6. Yesterday I got the all-clear for graduation! I was nervous going to check because I know it’s very common for there to be small glitches in the DARS (degree audit reporting system) that need to be fixed, especially since we switched from quarters to semesters and totally changed our credit hours. I know that it’s also very common for there to be incidents in which people think they have all requirements but they don’t. The woman who helped me said, “Well, you’re one of the lucky ones!” and I just breathed a huge sigh of relief. Woo hoo!
7. Thank you for any kind comments you might have left me yesterday. I am actually overall pretty happy right now, but it was just one of those things that was on my mind. That’s why I love this space – it’s such an outlet for me. I was also really interested by that whole situation because it amazes me how much yoga has made me more in tune with how I’m feeling.
8. Remember a few weeks ago I asked you to keep my cousin’s family in your thoughts? If you could do that again today, I would really appreciate it. They need all the positive energy they can get.
Question of the Day:
>> Can you mail me another kabocha squash?
>> Have you read Divergent or The Fault in Our Stars? How about If I Stay? That’s the other book I’m presenting.
>> Have you taken Pilates? If so, let’s all do Pilates Hundreds together and be amazed at how small movements are surprisngly killer.