I wasn’t feeling particularly inspired today so I wasn’t going to post, but then I thought of a few things I wanted to tell you about, so here I am! Even though I’m a little late to the game today, I’m going to link up with Amanda for her Thinking Out Loud series.
1. Yesterday I got my butt off the couch and visited my friend Emily to say goodbye before we head back to school. It was kind of surreal because she still has one year left (5 year masters program for Speech Language and Pathology – I am majorly proud of her), and with her major, she has to stay up at her school over the next summer. t’ll be weird. Anyway, we also exchanged gifts for Christmas and she got me a Lulu gift card. To say I am excited is an understatement.
2. Since this cold I have has officially moved up to my head, my tastebuds were just like “kay, bye” yesterday. Unfortunate timing, because this is all they wanted me to eat, and I reservations for dinner.
3. That restaurant is called Meat & Potatoes, and I’ve been wanting to eat there since the summer. I heard great things, and so did a few friends. We finally made it down, and while nothing on the menu was anything I wanted yesterday (again, tastebuds, you’re the worst), I still enjoyed dinner. The only downfall to the restaurant was that they didn’t give you bread for free. They make it in-house and then grill the slices before serving, so I understand where they’re coming from. It wasn’t the best bread I’ve ever had, so I wish it had been free. I ordered the Pork dish, which was freaking HUGE. Do you see that thing?!! It came with a baked bean sauce and a side of apple slaw. It was all pretty sweet with a little tang, and I think I would love it even more if I hadn’t been sick.
4. I am obsessed with the free Ounces app. I use it every day to track my water. I’ve been making sure to get at least 100 ounces daily, but I’ve been breaking that goal on most days. Whadddddup hydration.
5. The other day, I gave myself a manicure. A real, full-blown mani. I soaked my hands in water and coconut oil, then used a coconut oil and salt scrub, shaped my nails, the whole shebang. It was great.
6. Anyone else watch the new episodes of The Bachelor, Pretty Little Liars, New Girl, The Mindy Project, or American Horror Story this week? I did! Let’s discuss if you have. Tell me what you thought in the comments.
7. Adam has his first formal dance Saturday evening, and I know I’m going to cry like a baby when I see him in his suit.
8. I have a few good ideas for recipes, but no extra funds to buy the ingredients with – for the time being. It’s very frustrating. Please bear with me for the next few weeks, and I promise I’ll bring you some food posts.
Question of the Day:
Best thing you ate this week. Go!