Happy Thursday! This week is just flying by, as I think I’ve said every week. Not that I want to be stuck in this semester any longer… but I feel like time is slipping right out of my hands. Crazy!
I’m excited for tonight because my roommates and I are hosting a Friendsgiving/Holiday Celebration. I am making the same chocolate pumpkin pie I made on Thanksgiving as well as beer can chicken. I’ll make sure to take pictures of the feast and a few decorative touches I added to our little apartment (dollar store what’s up).
On Tuesday I posted the first of a few holiday gift guides. Today I am bringing you my picks for the foodie! Keep an eye out for more next week as well.
Gifts from left to right, top to bottom:
1. BELLA NutriPro Cold Press Juicer: Juicers are super trendy right now. I think a nice veggie/fruit juice is a great way to start the day, and it’s much cheaper to make your own than buy juice out somewhere. I would love to have a juicer of my own, and I’m sure your healthy foodie would, too.
2. Vitamix 5200 Super- Healthy Lifestyle: High-powered blenders are a necessity for any kitchen. They are totally worth the investment because you can make cold and hot foods, and you don’t run the risk of breaking the machine as easily.
3. Omelette pan: Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, needs a good non-stick omelette pan. When my dad got his, it was life-changing. I only make eggs in that pan when I am at home now. I recommend the Calphalon brand – it’s what we have.
4. It’s All Good by Gwenyth Paltrow: I am slightly obsessed with Gwenyth, but I have flipped through this book and it is filled with healthy recipes and beautiful pictures. It has been on my wish list for a long time!
5. Peanut Butter & Co. Gift Set: How could I not include a flavored peanut butter gift set on this blog?! I love all of PB & Co.’s flavors (that I’ve tried), and their variety packs offer a taste of each nut butter for a reasonable price. I am recommending the Naughty & Nice with a Little Bit of Spice set, as it is affordable and you still get several flavors. Plus, their products are certified non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan!
6. Grapefruit knife: You probably think I’m nuts for including this, but grapefruit knives are a great kitchen gadget. We have a very old one at my house, and I know I must have one in my future kitchen. When I try to cut grapefruits without it, it’s at least 10x more difficult! The curved edge really makes a difference.
Catch ya tomorrow!
Question of the Day:
What’s one of your favorite kitchen gadgets or cookbooks?