I don’t think I’ve participated in Marvelous in My Monday for a few weeks, so it’s about time I do! A big thanks to Katie for hosting us and encouraging us to appreciate all the things that make life great, especially in the upcoming hustle and bustle of the holidays!
I had a really great holiday weekend. I wish it could have lasted longer! Here are a few of the marvelous things I did:
- got my phone screen repaired
- watched Crazy Stupid Love (such a good movie!)
- ate a delicious ravioli dinner made by a friend’s mom
- hung out with my family – spending time with my grandparents is crucial these days
- binge-watched five episodes of AHS: Season 1 with my best friend
- went to hot yoga with Cassie
- visited a casino for the first time with people from home
- went out to breakfast with Adam (visiting home tradition!)
I was able to get in a couple of marvelous workouts this weekend while I was home, too! Adam did a “fun” tabata with me on Wednesday, the Turkey Trot was Thursday, and hot yoga was Saturday. I missed the boat on the #Elf4Health Sunday 100 Burpee Challenge, so I plan on catching up on that today.
Something else that has been marvelous lately is the elliptical! I realized that it doesn’t hurt my knee, even though I thought the bending motion would, so I’ve been rocking it for the past week or so. I tend to enjoy the elliptical more than the bike (are you surprised?), and I always feel like I get a better workout on it because I crank up the incline and resistance and do intervals.
I decided to put together a graphic of the elliptical workout I’ve been doing. I use a cross trainer, which has an incline, but if your machine does not, just ignore that part!
Aren’t I super cool because I changed the spelling of elliptical to be more seasonal? I love this workout because I do intervals for a while, then transition into a climb and cool down.
Have a great, marvelous Monday! PS, I know I haven’t replied to a ton of comments, but I appreciate them ALL! I will get to it as soon as I can (aka today).
Question of the Day:
What was marvelous about YOUR weekend? I want to know!