I try not to look at my blog stats very often – maybe once a week, if that – but when I do, I like to look at what, if any, search terms bring people to my blog.
This week, I was pleased to discover that someone found my little space by searching, “Is peanut butter good for you?”
I have an answer for you. Yes. Yes it is.
In the fourth week of celebrating National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month, I combined some of the classic breakfast staples to make the perfect power meal, all wrapped up into one sweet little peanut buttery package.
Peanut Butter & Banana Oat Omelette
Adapted from Nut Butter Runner
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup egg whites, including one whole egg
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Mash banana in a bowl and combine with peanut butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add in egg and egg whites, stirring to incorporate peanut butter mixture.
- Add oats.
- In a medium nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking oil, cook mixture over medium-low heat.
- Occasionally use a rubber spatula to gently lift around edges in the first few minutes.
- Cover and let cook slowly (this is crucial!).
- After approx. eight minutes, flip omelette over.
- Fold in half, top with more peanut butter and the rest of the banana, and EAT!
This omelette was one of the best parts of my week, I have to say. And boy am I glad this week is over. Whew!
Have a great weekend! I’m heading to mid-state PA to hang with a friend, so I’ll talk to you Monday after 14 hours of driving 🙂
Question of the Day:
Sweet omelettes: yes or no? They’re definitely a yes for me after this!