I’m feeling kind of sporadic this week! I am just very excited about weekend happenings ahead and how little time I have to get all of the work I have to finish this semester done! Before I know it, I’ll be on my way home for Thanksgiving.
(Let’s consider that thought number 1.)
2. My dad is coming tomorrow! It’s Dad’s Weekend, which is one of my favorite weekends of the year. We always have a blast. On Saturday night we’re going to see Nick Offerman do a comedy show. I don’t watch the Parks and Recreation but I love going watching comedians, especially with my dad, the funny man himself.
3. I have a bone to pick with society. So, around this time of year, everyone breaks out the leggings. And by that I mean I break out the leggings. I wear them at least three times per week, no joke.
A lot of people say that leggings are not pants, with their argument being that they are revealing. Now, you all may disagree with me on this, but leggings are definitely pants. Let me show you why. These are “pants” in the traditional sense:
Um. Those go up to her crotch. What would the back look like?! And you’re telling me the outfit below covers less?
If short shorts (and yes, I have seen girls really wear shorts like that in person) are considered pants, then leggings are pants.
3. Last Saturday I did a modified version of this workout. I started at 10 burpees and kettlebell swings instead of 15, because I hate burpees but think they’re a very efficient workout. It. was. KILLER. Killer, I tell you. But I managed to complete it, and I think if I do it again I will actually start with 15 burpees.
4. Can I tell you a secret? I wash my hair once per week. Cassie first told me about the benefits of washing less, and now I use dry shampoo every day. My hair texture got really bad over the last few years. I never needed to use product or a straightener, but then it started frizzing at the ends, even if I put product in. So I used a straightener, and that obviously caused more damage. Vicious cycle!
Anyway, not washing as often has helped immensely. I can actually go out in public without using a straightener and not feel self-conscious now. I love Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo.
5. Target has let me down with their holiday commercials. I was a huge proponent of the crazy obsessed Target lady, and I even liked the catchy song they had last year. This all matters because I am a commercial freak and like to analyze them, and I am not satisfied for this season. Ah, the good old days.
I think that’s enough large paragraphs for today. Make sure you stop back tomorrow for the second week of National Peanut Butter Lovers Month! I have a recipe to share that I’m really excited about.
(Okay that’s thought number 6.)
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite holiday commercial?