I feel particularly sad on Mondays recently, mainly because that means with each new week beginning I am one step closer to finishing my internship. I’m really trying to make the most of the last few weeks, but the little voice in my head is bringing me down!
Even still, I’m making excellent headway on my summer bucket list, and I have just about a month and a week to finish up my goals before the break ends.
Let’s take a look at the bucket list’s progress, shall we?
1. Make grilled pizza: I did in fact make grilled pizza, for my dad’s birthday last weekend. It was delicious, and I must try to make it at least once more before I retreat back to my grill-less school apartment.
2. Read at least 5 books: I’m on my way to completing this goal! So far I’ve read The Secret Life of Bees, Odd Interlude, and Gone Girl (finally). I just started Divergent last night, so after I finish that, I’ll only have one more to read to meet my goal! Who knows, maybe I will surpass this goal!?
3. Hit the beach: Coming in August 2013.
4. Find a Pittsburgh farmer’s market: Fail so far. I know of a few, I just have to get myself there. None are immediately local and would require at least a 30 minute drive.
5. Go to a Pirates’ game: Double win! (For me, not the Pirates. They lost both games I attended.) I went to two Pirates’ games, actually in the same week – once with my fellow interns and once with my parents. I am also going to another game in a few weeks!
6. Make a DIY project: This one’s been totally off of my radar, but I’m glad to remind myself of it now. Any suggestions as to what I should make? Leave some ideas in the comments!
7. Watch fireworks: This one was nearly completed. We were about to leave the house to go to a show on the 4th of July, but when we walked outside we realized it was pouring down rain. Those plans were quickly scrapped. We watched on TV instead. Does that count?
8. Go to Kennywood: I’ve been there twice this summer, again once with my intern group and once with my family!
If you ask me, I’m in pretty decent shape to successfully complete my summer bucket list! What a marvelous summer it’s shaping up to be.
(Thanks to Katie for the link-up as usual!)
Questions of the Day:
Any suggestions for my DIY project?
What’s one thing you still want to do this summer?