First, I just want to say that I am again saddened by news I woke up to this morning. A huge explosion in Texas has completely shattered an entire town. I can’t believe something else has happened within a few days of the Boston tragedy. I am hope that everyone in the Texas town reconnects with their missing loved ones. My thoughts are with you all, those are are injured, dead, missing, or hurting, today.
Last week, Amy from Fun With Family and Fitness nominated me for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is actually not so much an award but more of a fun survey to recognize bloggers who are new to the scene and/or do not have very many followers. After you get nominated, you pass the award on.
I was very happy to receive the nomination from Amy, who is so sweet! Please make sure you click over to her blog and get to know her a little better. Here’s a little bit about how the award works:
After receiving a nomination, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as far as you can tell!).* They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! **
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
- Let all of the bloggers that you have chosen know you have nominated them.
*A note about this: I do not know for sure how many readers the bloggers I have chosen have – I really just based it off of any visible followers and how long the blog has been up. They could have more than 200. If they do, I don’t mean to insult them by nominating them! I just want to learn more about them. 🙂
**You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.
So, here we go!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I do not like to touch the sides of bathtubs/showers. It grosses me out.
- I can’t roller blade. I can only roller skate.
- I love, love, love musical theater. I’ve seen a ton of shows live, and I participated in my HS musicals.
- My favorite animated movie is “Anastasia.”
- I visited Germany and Austria in 1st grade. I even bought a traditional German dress and wore it to school when I got back.
- I’ve never been stung by a bee.
- When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be a meteorologist (what a joke that would have been for this non-science girl), so I would watch The Weather Channel as if it were a real show, for hours.
- I love the Dixie Stampede. It’s cheesy and childish and fattening but I will never not love it.
- I desperately want to swim with dolphins.
- I’ve visited 18 of the U.S. states. I want to make it to all 50 before I’m 30.
- I’m obsessed with shows about the paranormal.
11 Questions from Amy
- If you could spend a day with anyone, real or fictional, who would it be and why? Can I choose to spend the day with a cast of a show? Okay, good. I would totally spend a day with Jess, Nick, Winston, CeCe and, most importantly, Schmidt from New Girl. I adore that show. If you don’t watch it, start.
- What is one goal that you are currently working on to accomplish? I told myself at the start of the new year that I was going to save up $1,000 by the time 2014 rolls around. I haven’t been doing so hot on that goal. I’m really going to start trying harder, because I’ve become aware of how important it is to have some safety money set aside.
- Coffee or tea? I like both coffee and tea. For me, I drink them at different times. Coffee is almost always strictly a morning drink for me. I like to have green or black tea in the afternoon, especially if the weather is nice. At night, I love drinking Sleepytime chamomile tea. It reminds me of home and helps me relax.
- What’s your favorite way to exercise? I exercise preferences come in waves. After so long following a training program, I get quite bored. I always come back to running, though, so I think I have to say running is my fave.
- Which do you prefer? A quiet evening in or a night out on the town? I have to be in the right mood to really enjoy a night out, but I’m always down for a quiet evening in. Give me a blanket, a good show or book, and some chocolate, and I’m a happy girl.
- Would you rather cook or bake? I prefer to bake. I go crazy for baking christmas cookies, Thanksgiving pies, and birthday cakes. I want to start creating my own cake recipes from scratch someday.
- What’s your favorite dish/dessert to make? My favorite dish to make is grilled pizza. I like to make my own whole wheat dough, infuse some olive oil with savory flavors, and throw it on the grill. It’s one of the quickest cooking meals, but it is delicious and definitely a summer craving for me.
- Name 5 famous people you would love to meet. I’m a little bit of a celebrity junkie, so this question is hard for me… there are so many I’d love to meet. I’ll try my best to pick five. 1) Jennifer Lawrence – I think she and I could be BFFs. 2) Rachel McAdams – She’s gorgeous and maybe if I touch her hand some of her awesomeness will rub off on me. 3) Rachael Ray – She is the chef who inspired me to want to cook. 4) Sidney Crosby – Of the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins. 5) Grumpy Cat – Just because.
- Do you have a nickname? I have what might be THE most interesting nickname in the world: Ang. Catch my sarcasm there? I really do prefer if people call me Ang, though. It sounds friendlier I think. But, never ever call me Angie. I don’t like that (I only allow my dad to call me Angie – that, and Angabeans).
- Who’s your favorite singer/band? My favorite band is The Kooks. If you’re not familiar with them, they’re a British rock band whose sound is something along the lines of poppy indie/rock. I’ve seen them live once, and I would do something crazy like shave my eyebrows to see them again (Is that weird? I wouldn’t really do that, I promise).
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging? I haven’t been doing this for long, but I think most satisfying part of blogging so far for me is having a place to share my thoughts about something I’m passionate about. I love the connection between readers/bloggers/the healthy living community. Hopefully in the future I can attend some blogging conferences, immerse myself even more, and make some new “blends” (Mom, that means blogger friends).
11 Bloggers I Nominate
- Holly @ Eat Great BE Great
- Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files
- Hannah @ Clean Eating Veggie Girl
- Ashley @ Beautiful Bliss
- Laura @ Peanut Butter Nutter
- Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats
- Alissa @ Life Like Fruit Salad
- Melissa @ Films, Food, and Beer
- Brittany @ Healthy In Detroit
- Kaylee @ Sweet Spicy and Petite
- Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny
11 Questions for the Bloggers I Nominate
- What kind of nut butter is your favorite (if you like it at all)?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever given someone?
- What was your favorite elementary school subject?
- Cardio or strength?
- What cartoon did you grow up watching?
- Tell me what your first name means.
- You just received $1000 to spend however you want. Write down the first way to spend it that comes to mind.
- What is your horoscope sign?
- If you could get any food/dish shipped from around the world directly to your door, what would it be?
- Look at your iTunes/Spotify/etc. What is your most listened to song?
And that’s all, folks! I had fun doing this survey, and I hope you enjoyed it, too.