Hi there! It’s Thursday, woo hoo!
Easter is oddly one of my favorite holidays. I have so many fond memories of Easter from my childhood, and those memories make the holiday enjoyable for me.
A family friend has a cabin in the woods of southwestern PA that we used to visit a lot when I was younger, and one year we spent the Easter holiday there. We went to mass at a tiny, local church, and afterwards we ate brunch at Seven Springs, a ski resort. And I can’t forget the visit from the Easter Bunny! I actually wrote him a note and left a map at home so he would know where to find us at the cabin.
Since the Easter Bunny is always so nice, maybe this year we can all leave a little something for him, no? How about some Carrot Cake Protein Bars? Hey, Easter Bunnies need protein too. He has to get the energy to hop somehow!
Carrot Cake Protein Bars
Makes 8 bars
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 oz natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 10 stevia packets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind carrots in a food processor until very fine.
- Add flour, egg whites, and egg to the processor. Combine.
- Add remaining ingredients, pulse in food processor until very smooth.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick cooking spray, and pour mix into pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I usually eat two bars as a serving. Enjoy!